We organize events and activities to build community and increase learning, but we need volunteers to make them happen. The kids appreciate any time you are able to give! Thank you!
ATTENTION: Signups are moving to MySchoolAnywhere!!!
Our vision is all signups in your pocket!
Using a mobile device?
On a desktop?
Login to MySchoolAnywhere
Note: To sign up for any of the following events, they are each listed on MySchoolAnywhere
5th Grade Legacy Art Project – Begins 2/5/18!
The 5th graders will create a tree made of student-designed clay tiles to add to the CARE building on campus. The tree will be the legacy they leave to the school, built with the help of our Art teacher, Ms. Sarah Carton. Help is needed to roll out clay, cut out leaf shapes, and paint. This project will take approximately six weeks. Many different dates will be available to volunteer in your child’s class.
Questions? Please contact Amanda Saffer, Event Coordinator
Rodeo Days Lunch, Weds. 2/21/18
Are 15 of y’all ready to volunteer from 11:15-12:45 and eat with your student during their lunch period?? It comes with an extra bonus of being able to watch the kids participate in western dancing with Ms. Dover!! Lunches for students will be the normal price, and additional lunches for parents and siblings will be available for purchase on site.
– Kate Spaulding, Event Contact
Sunrise Drive Chinese Spring Festival – Fri. 3/2/18, 5:00-7:30
Help make this year’s festival incredible! This event includes cultural activities, crafts, beautiful decorations, performances by a variety of local guests and our very own students. In addition, we will have items available for sale, including Sunrise t-shirts and merchandise, China Sprout Book fair, and Chinese food by Jane’s Rolling Wok (food must be pre-ordered by Feb. 21st).
Of course, with such a big event, many volunteers are needed for each of the following activities:
- Presenters to recruit CFHS students: 4-8 volunteers needed in teams of 2 during early February to present a 5-minute PowerPoint presentation to Mandarin classes at CFHS.
- Graphic Design: 2 volunteers are needed to share their talents creating the festival performance program. Expenses for printing will be reimbursed by the FFO.
- Classroom Activity Setup: 10-20 adult volunteers are needed to help our high school volunteers who will be running each game/activity with the set up and break down of each event.
- Shina Sprout Book Fair: Help chairperson (Kirstin Girdner) with set-up, inventory, cashiering, and clean up.
- Food: Assist our food chairperson (Jill Bell), 2 adult volunteers are needed to help train our high school helpers.
Our wonderful & creative Ms. Carton could always use some help with fun projects in the studio, from hanging up artwork to preparing materials for classes.
To learn more, you may just signup or contact art teacher, Ms. Sarah Carton
Would you like to be outside with our children, enjoying the cooler air of the season? Every Friday, 5-8 volunteers are needed during the 2 hour lunch recess to scan student cards. The following table lists what time each grade level will be out on the big field:
|Kindergarten||11:00 – 11:25 am|
|2nd Grade||11:30 – 11:50 am|
|1st Grade||11:50 – 12:10 pm|
|3rd Grade||12:10 – 12:30 pm|
|5th Grade||12:30 – 12:50 pm|
|4th Grade||12:50 – 1:10 pm|
This program runs November 3 to February 16, 2018. You may contact PE teacher, Ms. Dover for further information.
Garden Club and Care
- Watering Crew – we need helpers every day for a few weeks to get the seeds started!
- Garden Club – every Wednesday, supervise and direct students as they work to maintain our beautiful school garden! Simple, suggested tasks will be communicated to you before your volunteer shift.
– Emily Franklin, Coordinator
Check out the Activities page to learn more about opportunities or reach out to the specific volunteer chairperson(s). Do you need to create a volunteer signup on MSA? Here are the instructions including a very short video to guide you through the process: Create Signup Instructions
If you want to be notified of new volunteer opportunities or have other questions, please email Carleen Jogodka, Volunteer Coordinator.