Every Spring, Southern Arizona celebrates young scientists in grades pre-kindergarten through high school through a week-long science and engineering fair that fills the main hall of the Tucson Convention Center. This school year, SARSEF will keep the tradition alive through a virtual event, ensuring that all communities can participate in science and engineering educational opportunities safely. This past school year, the SARSEF Fair showcased the work of over 7,000 students.
- Jan 27th: All projects & completed notebooks are due to your classroom teacher
- Jan 30th-Feb 6th: Sunrise Drive Science Fair Judging
- Feb 20th: Sunrise SARSEF Coordinator will be submitting qualified projects
- Mar 4th-9th: SARSEF Virtual Exhibit Opens
- Mar 10th-11th: SARSEF Main Event! Winners notified and awards ceremonies
Students must use their school email account to create a Google Slides presentation for their science fair project and share it with their teacher when completed. Students are responsible for making sure that they have completed their Science Fair investigations and notebooks by January 27th. Children will be responsible for completing each step of the science investigation at home.
For more information on SARSEF Science Fair, visit their website: SARSEF Science Fair
We look forward to seeing student science projects! Happy investigating!
Paloma Lazaro, Science Fair Chair